On October 23rd I was invited to a very special yearly event called Police Appreciation Night (PAN), where some of the courageous Durham Regional Police officers are recognized and rewarded for their spectacular work and dedication to the force. I was invited because of my position that I worked throughout the summer as a Team Leader for a very special program that the DRPS were running. I addition to this spectacular night, there is a special twist. The Durham Regional Police invited all the 5th graders from elementary schools all across Durham region to write a short essay explaining what the police are doing, how they could do their job better and what their opinions are on the police in general. Then the teachers pick the best one and send it to the Chief of police and his staff. Once they read all the winning essays they pick the best one and the winning student get to become the Chief of police for 1 whole day! As well as invited to participate in various activities such as taking a fight in Air 1 (the helicopter owned by the police), have self defense training and use of force training and much more. It was a night to remember and I can’t wait until next years ceremony.
mardi 4 novembre 2008
PAN Dinner
On October 23rd I was invited to a very special yearly event called Police Appreciation Night (PAN), where some of the courageous Durham Regional Police officers are recognized and rewarded for their spectacular work and dedication to the force. I was invited because of my position that I worked throughout the summer as a Team Leader for a very special program that the DRPS were running. I addition to this spectacular night, there is a special twist. The Durham Regional Police invited all the 5th graders from elementary schools all across Durham region to write a short essay explaining what the police are doing, how they could do their job better and what their opinions are on the police in general. Then the teachers pick the best one and send it to the Chief of police and his staff. Once they read all the winning essays they pick the best one and the winning student get to become the Chief of police for 1 whole day! As well as invited to participate in various activities such as taking a fight in Air 1 (the helicopter owned by the police), have self defense training and use of force training and much more. It was a night to remember and I can’t wait until next years ceremony.
Inscription à :
Publier les commentaires (Atom)
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire